Learn to Can....
With Easy Home Canning Recipes!
Are you wanting to learn how to can? I can help you! Here you'll find delicious home canning recipes as well as easy to understand canning instructions.
Canning food is easier than you think, which was good news for us when we started. There are enormous benefits to canning food that are worth experiencing. I love our homemade jams and pie fillings. Don't let the fear of the un-known keep you from the joys of canning!
Where would you like to start?
Would you like to learn how to make your own jams and jellies?
How about learn how to start canning fruits?
Discover the fun of canning vegetables.
Try your hand at canning meats!
You'll also need some canning equipment, like a water bath canner.
See my step-by-step instructions forcanning food!
Finding good home canning recipes...
...can be difficult. There are literally thousands of them on the internet for almost any kind of food. Which to choose?
I've tried to make that decision easy for you by gathering our favorite recipes for you to use. They have all been family-tested and given a hearty "thumbs up"; so all you have to do is try them and discover the delicious results. From vegetables to fruits, to pie fillings to relishes, you'll find a large selection of delicious home canning recipes right at your fingertips.
Reaping the benefits
The benefits to canning your own food are enormous. For one thing, you know what's going into your food - no more reading the labels of canned goods at the store. Commercially canned foods contain a number of yucky preservatives and chemicals that are unhealthy in the long run, and this is easily avoided by simply canning food at home.
And obviously, home canned foods make great gifts for friends and neighbors. Most people are thrilled to receive decorative jars of jam....that you canned!
Just do it
The best way to learn is to just do it. Explore my website and find the information you're looking for. Canning food is great fun...I hope you'll love it as much as we do. Just do it!
- Yes You Can!
- The Canning Blog is here to give you the latest and greatest canning tip of the week. Subscribe here.
- Advertise With Canning Basics
- Canning Basics has exceptional traffic statistics - please consider advertising with us.
- About Me
- Read about the author of canningbasics.com - right here!
- Contact Us!
- contact us at canning basics!
- Self Sufficient Living
- I think self sufficient living is important - being prepared for an emergency is always wise. Here are some simple ways you can do that.
- Homesteading Today
- Homesteading today - what's it all about? Why should you do it? What are the benefits? Find out here.
- Whole Wheat Recipes
- What's so important about whole wheat recipes? Whole wheat has great nutritional benefit and is much healthier for you.
- Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Here's some of our best easy breakfast recipes. Hopefully you'll find something here that can make your breakfast a little more exciting each morning!
- Easy Meal Ideas
- Cooking for a family can be a trick sometimes - that's why I'm sharing these easy meal ideas. Hopefully, these recipes (which are big hits at our house) will give you new ideas and inspiration.
- Easy Bread Recipes
- Here's my collection of easy bread recipes. And not just sandwich bread. Muffins, quick breads, rolls, and much more!
- Easy Dessert Recipe
- Ah, desserts. My favorite - unfortunately. Each easy dessert recipe has been tested by my family...and given a big thumbs up!
- Getting Started: Canning Instructions
- If you're brand new to the canning world, than you'll need some basic canning instructions to get started.
- Canning and Preserving Books
- Looking for some good canning how-to books? Here are some trusted canning and preserving books that provide easy and simple instructions.
- Buying a Water Bath Canner - and other canning supplies
- Want to buy a water bath canner? There's a lot to consider. Besides this, what other kind of things do you need for canning? A complete list with pricing and helpful tips.
- Water Bath Canning
- What is the difference between water bath canning and pressure canning? Pressure canning is used to can meats and vegetables becuase of their low acid content, while water bath canning is for fruits.
- Canning Food: Steps From Start to Finish!
- A basic step-by-step guide to canning food. Easy to follow instructions, 1-2-3 steps, and helpful pictures!
- Glass Canning Jars
- Glass canning jars are always used for canning; no exceptions. There are many different sizes - which one is best? Also find free canning jar labels for your canned goods.
- Your Guidelines For Food Safety
- When you're canning, safety precautions must be taken. Check out our complete guidelines for food safety and find out how you can improve your canning habits. It's a must!
- Canning Vegetables
- Canning vegetables is a rewarding work. Learn how to can practically any vegetable easily right here!
- Canning Fruits: Everything You Need To Know
- Find out how easy canning fruits is. Of course, it takes time (as does everything) but the results are outstanding. Click here for great recipes, ideas, and tips!
- Canned Beans - Delicious and Nutritious
- Are you wanting to make canned beans? Click here for complete instructions and recipes. Not only are beans cheap and economical, they're filling. And absolutely delicious!
- Canning Meat
- Is canning meat safe? Yes! You can can all kinds of meat safely and successfully.
- Canned Bread - Is It Safe?
- Canned bread may be an easy way to prepare quick-to-grab snacks for the family down the road. But is it safe? I would loved to start canning bread had it not been for my discovery.
- canning links
- Click here for related links and articles.
- Canning Humor
- Settle back for some good ole' fashioned kitchen humor. Read hilarious kitchen and canning incidents - and contribute your own!
- Homemade Jam Recipe
- Find a large selection of delicious homemade jam recipe, tips, and pictures right here. Making jam has become so easy - you can do it!
- Homemade gifts in a jar.....a great gift idea!
- Homemade gifts in a jar is a great idea for those of you who are looking for something special - and easy - to give friends and family. And absolutely no canning is required! A big hit!
- What Is Pectin?
- What is pectin, anyway? Easily answered. It's basically a thickener used in jams and jellies. Want some pectin recipes? Find fun, family-tested recipes right here!
- Canning Tomatoes
- Canning tomatoes is both an easy and delicious option for preserving these delicious vegetables. Canned tomatoes are very convenient for soups, stews, and casseroles as well!
- Start Freezing Foods Today!
- Ever thought of freezing foods? It's just one more way of storing yummy home grown (or even store bought!) foods.
- privacy policuy